Tipsy Treason Saturday 24 October 2009

HIYA!

This is J-Kwon's "Tipsy" vocal over Raw Deal's "High Treason". think it's fair to say i got a BIT bored of this whole blog thing so it's been a minute, BUT it's had the desired effect IN THAT I've started a whole bunch of original (well maybe "original") tracks.

The music on this one - Neil used to play it all the time, and I'd ask him what it was, then I'd forget, then he'd play it about a month later, then I'd ask him, and then I'd forget and so on and so forth. I only secured a copy when we were doing an interweb radio thing so i could ORDER A COPY RIGHT WHILE HE WAS TELLING ME WHAT IT WAS. revolutionary.

Now the J-Kwon thing - I don't know who he is. Who the fuck is J-Kwon??? His single was clearly rubbish but there was something about the drinking-advocacy lyrics that appealed and at some point in my head I put it together with the raw deal thing and this is the result.

God the production on the original J Kwon thing is So Bad. He's probably rockin a 40 right NOW. Gittin "tipsy"...

you can sort of do this live off vinyl if you're quick enough...

0 comments: